From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:11:15
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On 3/3/07, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Why is it a developer-only privilege? You just made that up.
4 >
5 > To co-lead a Gentoo project? You need to be a dev to do that. I
6 > couldn't join any projects even as a member until I became a dev, and
7 > I created the distro. You are effectively co-leading (likely leading)
8 > PMS as a non-dev - worse than that, as someone who has been explicitly
9 > removed from a dev role.
12 The Gentoo Java project has many users contributing to it and I wouldn't
13 have it any other way. I thought you wanted to work on something in the
14 gentoo-x86 like amd64 keywording and as such would require CVS access?
15 There is no point in joining the amd64 team unless you can actually
16 commit keywords (of course arch testers but there is a process for
17 that). Also by definition PMS is not an official Gentoo project as there
18 is not a project or sub project page for it in
19 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en.
20
21 Regards,
22 Petteri