From: flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?Q?Petten=C3=B2?=)
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] simple-build eclass
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:06:16
1 I've already written about the possibility of creating an ebuild to
2 simply _replace_ the entire buildsystem of a package if it's
3 non-existant (simple .c file thrown around by upstream), too minimal
4 and/or impossible to get upstream do adapt, or as a temporary measure
5 until upstream is beaten into common sense.
6
7 The whole story can be found at
8 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2008/10/15/fixing-cflags-ldflags-handling-with-a-single-boilerplate-makefile
9
10 I'm attaching a proof of concept of the eclass, it's certainly not ready
11 for prime time: it does not support C++ programs, it does not have
12 pkg-config support, and so on. But in general it should work, I'm also
13 attaching a reworked ebuild for uif2iso (package I maintain and for
14 which I had to _rewrite_ the whole Makefile already).
15
16 This gets especially interesting to consider if we want to enable
17 --as-needed by default, since this will allow easy fix for packages that
18 don't otherwise build with --as-needed, like habak that I had to fix,
19 and takes care of quite a few different problems at once.
20
21 HTH,

simple-build.eclass text/plain
uif2iso-0.1.7.ebuild