From: "Bjarke Sørensen" <bs@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Apache security hole and ebuild
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:13:20
1 On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 09:44:38AM -0400, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2
3 > > The docroot was in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs, but now seems to be moved to
4 > > /var/www/htdocs ??
5 > > also it seems that the configuration moved from /etc/httpd to
6 > > /etc/apache
7 > > Could someone please clarify all the changes that got made here
8 > Actually, all of the changes are documented. Take a look
9 > at /usr/portage/net-www/apache/ChangeLog.
10
11 Ohh, yeah.
12
13 o the config files are now in /etc/apache/conf, conveniently organized
14 into separate directories for addon-modules and vhosts. this simplifies
15 things for everybody and especially for those with complicated/large sites.
16
17 Just not when you already worked arround this and have this
18 "complicated/large site". Sorry I missed the announce that something
19 vital was done to apache. Good thing I havn't blindly upgraded.
20
21 I think I hold back till things about apache settles..
22
23 Too many people have problems with it. But maybe we all expected
24 something more than a note in a changelog for such a change.
28 | Bjarke Sørensen / 9000.WASD
29 |
30 | There are 10 types of people in this world:
31 | Those who understand binary, and those who don't.