From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 03:11:24
1 On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 03:54:38 +0100 Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Tuesday 27 December 2005 03:40, Brian Harring wrote:
4 | > The version of digikam being merged requires slot=3.5- it should be
5 | > depending on libk* slot=3.5, also, no?
6 |
7 | No! It (and also its dependencies) can be built against each 3.x slot.
8
9 But it's not binary compatible between KDE slots. So, once we
10 have :slot dependencies, you should link to a specific :slot (possibly
11 controlled via USE). It's like packages that can use either gtk or gtk2
12 -- this has to be handled via a USE flag rather than linking against
13 whichever happens to be there.
16 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
17 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
18 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm