From: Paul Varner <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] module-rebuild
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 04:15:25
1 On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 00:00 +0100, John Mylchreest wrote:
2 > Can I please introduce into the tree sys-kernel/module-rebuild.
3 > This tracks linux-mod installed kernel modules, and also gives you the
4 > ability to remove/add/toggle the list of modules to rebuild.
5 >
6 > Basically.. following a kernel upgrade running: module-update rebuild,
7 > will install all modules installed via portage.
8 >
9 > If you experience any problems, please file a bug at bugzilla. Likewise,
10 > please file a bug and assign it to johnm@g.o if you have any
11 > ideas about the tool.
12
13 Thanks!
14
15 I'm installing and playing with it as I type. The code looks a lot
16 cleaner than the code I had plagiarized from revdep-rebuild to do the
17 same thing.
18
19 Regards,
20 Paul