From: Charles Kerr <charles@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] KDEDIR
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 07:40:53
1 Although I understand (I think) why the use of KDEDIR=/usr, may I offer it
2 makes it rather hard for those of use who want/need to run multiple versions
3 of KDE.
4
5 May I offer that the /usr/kde/2 and /usr/kde/3 that you all ready have
6 the kdelibraries be the actual kdedir as well? One could then make a base
7 symlink to the active on (as well as qt libraries). that way the ld.conf.so
8 and path's dont have to be modified everytime, just the link.
9
10 The way it is at the moment, with all kde apps going into /usr/bin, trynig to
11 run two kdes (and switching back and forth) is rather difficult.
14 Charles