From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] Problems with rc5
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 08:08:21
1 Hey i'm good ;-)
2
3 The solution is that devfsd must start before setting up swap...
4 i have moved the link in '/etc/rc.d/rcboot.d/05checkroot' to
5 '/etc/rc.d/rcboot.d/07checkroot'
6
7 please change this in CVS, achim???.
8
9 Thanks,
10
11 Sebastian
12
13 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
14 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
15 [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org]Im Auftrag von Sebastian Werner
16 Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2001 15:04
17 An: Gentoo-Dev
18 Betreff: [gentoo-dev] Problems with rc5
21 Hello guys,
22
23 first i must say this release is great. You have improve some parts from rc4
24 i think. The new method to extract the base-system i like. Some problems and
25 questions:
26
27 Swap activation fails at startup:
28 I don't know why, but when i use 'swapon -a' after login it works.
29
30 And what does the /dev-state. In my previous installations i have deleteted
31 all entries in /dev and use devfs. I read in the script
32 '/etc/rc.d/init.d/devfsd' that it is a bind to /dev. But what to do with
33 this. Why we need it?
34
35 I will try to script a basic-installation script next days... I anyone
36 working on this yet?
37
38 Sebastian
39 <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>