From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP draf for cross-compile support in multilib profiles
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 11:42:53
1 Luca Barbato schrieb:
2 > On 06/29/2012 04:30 PM, Thomas Sachau wrote:
3 >
4 > It is interesting, still you need a way to define HOST dependencies
5 > (stuff you need that has to be built on the host since you run it, e.g.
6 > xcb python code generator), something to play properly with ld and
7 > cross-vs-host paths for compilers (that part is _really_ annoying for
8 > qemu-chroots)
9 >
10 > lu
13 I guess, you are mixing cross-compile support in multilib profiles and
14 cross-compile support with cross-toolchains, multilib-portage is for the
15 first one, while crossdev is for the second one.
16
17 My suggestion does not support e.g. compiling for ppc with an amd64
18 profile, on amd64 it only can support x86 and x32. Since all of these
19 binaries can run with an amd64 kernel and you build for at least one
20 target, you always have a binary around, no need for an extra HOST
21 dependency.
22 I dont know, what exactly you mean with "play properly with ld" and
23 "cross-vs-host paths", so cannot respond to those.
27 Thomas Sachau
28 Gentoo Linux Developer