From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About what would be included in EAPI5
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:07:24
1 On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:12:13 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > >>>>> On Sat, 16 Jun 2012, Pacho Ramos wrote:
5 >
6 > > I would like to know if there is some place where things going to be
7 > > included (or proposed to be included) for eapi5 are listed (if such
8 > > place exists). Currently, looks like there is no eapi5 tracker :-/
9 >
10 > The PMS git repository has an eapi-5 development branch, and some
11 > parallel discussion took place in the gentoo-pms mailing list.
12 >
13 > So far we have:
14 > ╓────
15 > ║ EAPI 5 is EAPI 4 with the following changes:
16 > ║
17 > ║ • econf adds --disable-silent-rules.
18 > ║ • Slot operator dependencies.
19 > ║ • src_test supports parallel tests.
20 > ║ • USE is calculated differently.
21 > ║ • IMAGE is gone.
22 > ║ • REQUIRED_USE now supports ?? groups.
23 > ║ • apply_user_patches function, with src_prepare changes.
24 > ║ • EBUILD_PHASE_FUNC.
25 > ║ • find is guaranteed to be GNU.
26 > ║ • new* can read from standard input.
28
29 Could someone open bugs for all of that? I was looking for user patches
30 on the future EAPI tracker, and I don't see it there.
33 Best regards,
34 Michał Górny