From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] News item: GCC 6 defaults to USE="pie ssp"
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 09:55:48
1 Hanno Böck <hanno@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I could add my voice that I ran pie by default for a while
4
5 I can confirm that the situation apparently has changed drastically
6 since my last attempt. My previous assertion is no longer valid:
7
8 Currently, I recompile world on x86 system with default pie,
9 so far with only one issue caused implicitly by clisp.
10 Afterwards, I will recompile world on amd64 and will report back
11 in case the situation should be very different.
12
13 > We have a tracker bug for default-pie-problems in bugzilla:
14
15 I reported the clisp issue and will report if I meet further.
16 At the time when this tracker bug was opened, I had so many issues
17 with default pie that I decided to switch it off since reporting
18 so much would have been too time-consuming for me.
19
20 I do not know what is the reason for this change. Perhaps the
21 first gcc versions with default pie had another bug.