From: Greg Frank <frank@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] AMD/AGP issues
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:41:15
1 Hi. I remember when the AMD/AGP issues with Linux were first being
2 reported, you guys had some of the most comprehensive info on your site.
3 Lately, I haven't seen very much info about it... although I have seen
4 several people commenting online recently that they have been using
5 Linux on recently built AMD systems with no problems. Since I am
6 considering putting together an AMD system pretty soon, I am curious
7 about how the situation stands at this point. Can you please tell me if
8 there is a new kernel version that addresses the problem? Also, if not,
9 does it help at all if you compile the kernel specifically on an AMD
10 processor? (I'm guessing not, but it's nice to hope).
11
12 Thanks for any info you can pass along.
13
14 Greg Frank