From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: blueness@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping ia64/ppc/sparc profiles to dev/exp
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 15:08:19
1 On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:04:54AM +0200, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I maintain quite a few ppc stage3's for uclibc and musl. I would
4 > > appreciate keeping ppc as is. It is still a useful arch for many
5 > > devices today, eg. some high end Mikrotik routers.
6 >
7 > So are you willing to do the work? There are currently 68 open keyword
8 > requests (oldest one reported in 2011) and 48 open stable requests
9 > (oldest one reported in November).
10
11 +1000
12
13 If we are going to keep ppc as a stable profile, someone needs to do the
14 keywording and stabilization for it.
15
16 William