From: Loyd Goodbar <loyd@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild new install versus reinstall - how to tell?
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 22:50:09
1 I'm writing an ebuild, and would like to know whether this is the first time
2 the ebuild installs on the system, or whether it is being rebuilt.
3
4 This is for IBM iSeries Access for Linux that does some one-time ODBC driver
5 registration on the first install. Converting from the RPM file, RPM appears
6 to know whether it's a first time install. Emerge shows on the screen (N or
7 R).
8
9 I've looked through the ebuild and emerge man pages, they don't appear to
10 cover this.
11
12 Thanks,
13 Loyd
14 --
15 Mediocrity: It takes a lot less time and most people won't notice
16 the difference until it's too late. <http://www.despair.com/>
17 loyd@××××××××××.net ICQ#504581 http://www.blackrobes.net/
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list