From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] spin (spinroot.com) license
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 15:48:45
1 On 04/03/2010 04:16 AM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > I'd like to add a package for spin to the tree (it's used at several
3 > universities, including mine and Caltech).
4 >
5 > However, it's not straightforward. The basic license is for educational
6 > purposes only.
7 >
8 > Here are my suggestions how to implement that.
9 >
10 > /usr/portage/licenses/spin-educational with the following content:
11 >
12 > Copyright (c) 1989-2006 Lucent Technologies, Bell Labs
13 > Extensions (c) 2006-2009 NASA/JPL California Institute of Technology
14 > All Rights Reserved. For educational purposes only.
15 > No guarantee whatsoever is expressed or implied by
16 > the distribution of this code.
17 >
18 > /usr/portage/licenses/spin-commercial with the content pasted from
19 > http://www.spinroot.com/spin/spin_license.html
20 >
21 > And then in the ebuild:
22 >
23 > LICENSE="|| ( spin-educational spin-commercial )"
24 >
25 > Are there any license groups these should be added to?
26
27 They both look like they belong in the EULA group to me. The
28 educational one is an EULA in the sense the the user must agree to
29 use it only for educational purposes.
30 --
31 Thanks,
32 Zac