From: Austin English <wizardedit@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] usr merge
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 01:23:14
1 On 04/08/2016 08:18 PM, waltdnes@××××××××.org wrote:
2 > On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 04:30:04PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote
3 >
4 >> Half the reason we don't officially support running without /usr
5 >> mounted during early boot is that if we actually put everything in /
6 >> that could conceivably be needed during early boot we'd end up with
7 >> everything there. Bluetooth keyboards is a common example. The
8 >> console should work during early boot, right?
9 > Seriously... how many people run Bluetooth keyboards on Gentoo anyways?
10 >
11 I know at least one person (not myself).