From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: tinhat@××××××××××××××.edu
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Advice regarding backporting to Gentoo from Tin Hat.
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:28:30
1 On 10:21 Sat 31 Jan , basile wrote:
2 > We have written a series of scripts to "ramify" a system. There are
3 > two versions: A) take an OS bound to the hard drive and build an ISO
4 > image which will boot and put the system totally into tmpfs, B) take a
5 > system which is already "ramified" and build an ISO which will again
6 > boot purely into RAM, ie build a snapshot. A user could use scprits
7 > A to ramify a custom built system and maintain it in ram with scripts
8 > B. Also, Gentoo "releases" could be distributed already ramified.
9
10 Great to hear from you! Have you seen the 'docache' kernel parameter? It
11 used to stick the LiveCD into RAM -- I haven't used it lately but I
12 assume it's still around. I'd think it would be straightforward to apply
13 the same feature to an installed Gentoo system.
16 Thanks,
17 Donnie
18
19 Donnie Berkholz