From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Sheng Yu <syu.os@××××××××××.com>
Cc: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP78] Updating specification r2
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 10:30:44
1 >>>>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2021, Sheng Yu wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > I attached second revision of the new draft of GLEP78 "Gentoo Binary
5 > Package Container Format"
6
7 > Please feel free to give any comments and suggestions.
8
9 Since you haven't addressed my comments from the first round of review,
10 I repeat them here:
11
12 | Given that the outer archive is uncompressed tar, every file will be
13 | zero-padded to a full block which adds some amount of bloat. So, could
14 | the signature be inlined in the Manifest file? That's also what GLEP 74
15 | specifies.
16 |
17 | Also, IIRC one of the goals of the format was to allow partial download
18 | of metadata. That will only work if the Manifest file will be the first
19 | file in the archive (or at least appear before the image archive).
20
21 Ulrich