From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Checking
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:49:43
1 On Sunday 23 November 2003 01:56, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > I've done a small patch which checks for licenses but have come across an
3 > issue while testing. Take the following:
4 >
5 > xfree contains LICENSE="X11 MSttfEULA"
6 > qt contains LICENSE="QPL-1.0 | GPL-2"
7 >
8 > What other lexical forms are there? The ebuild howto doesn't even mention
9 > the above construct. Will I find something like "(LIC1 LIC2) | LIC3"?
10 >
11 > Most importantly, though, does portage already contain the code to parse
12 > these somewhere?
13
14 Okay, I've assumed that | is the only modifier, that it means OR and that AND
15 takes precedence. Attached is a very simple patch to emerge. You'll probably
16 notice straight away that I've never really worked with python before.
17
18 I also ran it for emerge -ep world and ended up with this is my make.conf.
19
20 ACCEPT_LICENSES="GPL-2 Artistic MIT ZLIB BZIP2 as-is FLEX CRACKLIB LGPL-2
21 LGPL-2.1 BSD fontconfig Info-ZIP X11 MSttfEULA PSF-2.2 NVIDIA freedist
22 BAEKMUK Arphic free-noncomm sun-bcla-java-vm DB IPL-1 DIVX MOTIF XAnim
23 public-domain FDL-1.1 wxWinLL-3 OpenSoftware"
24
25 There is also no checking of * or -, but I'm guessing that's already
26 abstracted in portage. Or does it only apply to USE? Anyway, will check on
27 that later. Should try to get at least some sleep before the new work day.
28
29 BTW, at what time should I post this to bugzilla?
30
31 Regards,
32 Jason

licenses.patch text/x-diff