From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla usage for overlays' projects [was: sunrise, a temporary compromise]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:07:27
1 On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 03:27:53PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:09:24 +0200 Harald van Dijk <truedfx@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | You're suggesting jakub maybe shouldn't even be a Gentoo dev because
5 > | he *doesn't* give one unofficial overlay special treatment over
6 > | another?
7 >
8 > One unofficial project that has screwed up so badly that the council
9 > has had to step in and say no to it,
10
11 It's entirely possible that I missed some important message, but as far
12 as I know, council hasn't said either yes or no to it, and the overlay
13 as hosted on o.g.o is suspended only until a council decision is made.
14
15 > as opposed to an unofficial
16 > project that has not attracted complaints and that is being worked into
17 > the tree?
18
19 Quoting the original message:
20 "Until the council makes a firm decision about non-gentoo hosted
21 overlays, this will be the defining method of dealing with them."
22
23 Please explain to me how any non-gentoo hosted overlay can possibly be
24 an exception to this.
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list