From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 18:07:21
1 Thomas Anderson wrote:
2 > I personally have had no problems reading and/or understanding PMS, and
3 > I've had to reference a fair bit of it. I'd like to hear exactly who has
4 > problems with what sections and how to fix that.
5 >
6 > As Fabian said it really isn't a matter of "We like XML better than LaTeX!" It's not those people's
7 > perogative. The people who wrote PMS should be able to make the decision
8 > for themselves(as they will be maintaining it) as to what language to
9 > use. If they use LaTeX, more power to them, it's what enables them to do
10 > their job in the easiest way. You don't *have* to read PMS in LaTeX,
11 > which by the way makes my eyes bleed somewhat, you can read it in a very
12 > well done PDF.
13
14 For those that don't know me, I'm a member of the Documentation Team. I
15 also have some background with XSLT (not as huge as neysx, our leader,
16 has, but still I'm not really a begginer in this area).
17
18 That said, I completely agree with the choice of latex in this
19 particular case. If there was a fixed request on GudeXML, this document
20 would not have been at all written yet.
21
22 Cheers,
23 -jkt
26 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth