From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting -project started
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:53:25
1 George Prowse wrote:
2 >
3 > So that would mean that welcoming new developers would be on the
4 > -project list?
5
6 My thinking, I think they would fit better over there, since it is somewhat
7 non-technical. However, machine-generated notices of dev arrival or dev
8 departure could be directed to other lists. There's been talk of a
9 -dev-announce list as well; perhaps such automated messages of dev changes could
10 be sent there in a fashion (either individually as one joins or one leaves, or
11 in a weekly digest form summarizing the changes).
14 > Would package removals be on it because it seems to be somewhere in the
15 > middle?
16
17 I think package additions/removals should stay there, since they are development
18 related, such as the removal due to bitrot or an unfixiable security flaw, etc.
19 Such messages might also be candidates for the above mentioned -dev-announce
20 ML as well.
24 --Kumba
27 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
28
29 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
30 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list