From: Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder on dependencies.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:41:21
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 >Well yes, we already know we need a few dozen more new dependency
4 >atoms. But we're dealing with "what we can use currently" here, not
5 >some hypothetical future situation.
8 Fair enough. One possible solution is to use some agreed-upon fooDEPEND
9 within the current ebuilds and simply set for the time being:
10
11 DEPEND="${fooDEPEND} {DEPEND}"
12
13 at the end of the DEPEND list. This way we can solve the current
14 compile problem, but for those who care a simple sed call will turn
15 those headers into RDEPENDS. This could work the other way around as
16 well of course.
19 Joshua Baergen
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list