From: Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder on dependencies.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:41:21
Ciaran McCreesh wrote:

>Well yes, we already know we need a few dozen more new dependency >atoms. But we're dealing with "what we can use currently" here, not >some hypothetical future situation. > >
Fair enough. One possible solution is to use some agreed-upon fooDEPEND within the current ebuilds and simply set for the time being: DEPEND="${fooDEPEND} {DEPEND}" at the end of the DEPEND list. This way we can solve the current compile problem, but for those who care a simple sed call will turn those headers into RDEPENDS. This could work the other way around as well of course. -- Joshua Baergen -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder on dependencies. Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@g.o>