From: Brandon Low <lostlogic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Misc questions on ebuilds
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:56:30
1 Have you used the "lintool" script that comes with gentoolkit? It is a
2 nice tool which checks for most common ebuilding mistakes...
3
4 On Fri, 06/14/02 at 22:21:59 -0500, Keith Gross wrote:
5 > I'm trying to improve the ebuilds I've been writing by reviewing the existing
6 > ebuilds but there seems they very widely. Everything from simple somewhat
7 > crude examples that looksomething like my efforts to other that are much
8 > larger and elaborate.
9 >
10 > I'm wondering if someone with more experience might have a couple of ebuilds
11 > they're particularly proud of that perhaps would make examples? I'd hate to
12 > perpetuate practices that are no longer the proper way of doing things.
13 >
14 > I was also wondering if portage has a standard method of specifying a menu
15 > item or complete menu that should be created when the package is installed
16 > that would work for multiple different desktop environments.
18 > gentoo-dev mailing list
19 > gentoo-dev@g.o