From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Best way to create a GLEP 63 compliant GPG key on Nitrocard?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 14:35:04
1 On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:25 AM Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 5:19 PM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Well, in that case recommendations for how to generate a key that
5 > > complies in software would be helpful. There used to be a wiki
6 > > article on it, but it is marked with various warnings saying it isn't
7 > > recommended to follow it, and has seemingly vanished with a note that
8 > > it moved somewhere.
9 > In the meantime, I think that you may find the following commands useful...
10 >
11 > $ gpg --expert --full-generate-key
12
13 Well, sure, but the part that comes after would be the key bit.
14
15 > $ gpg --expert --edit-key ${MASTER_KEY_ID}
16 > gpg> addkey
17
18 This bit is already covered on the Nitrokey guide.
19
20 In any case, I'll stick with the key I have for the moment until the
21 Council rules on the GLEP. Neither key I have currently complies with
22 the current one so I'm generating a new one either way, unless the
23 GLEP changes.
26 Rich