From: Kevin Gordon <kgordon@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge with portage 1.6.7
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 20:27:53
1 Hi everyone,
2 Help with these please:
3 (1) emerge --pretend parted-1.4.17.ebuild
4 error: could not find match for >=sys-devel/automake-1.4_p5
5
6 (2) emerge nautilus needs:
7 emerge librsvg-1.0.1.ebuild
8 fails at rsvg-ft.c (too fast to catch line!)
9 Can a bash buffer/screen be increased in size. I lose a lot off the
10 top.
11
12 (3) I am still using linux-2.4.1_pre8-r1. I have collected up to 3 copies of
13 increasing versions of applications and libraries in many areas. I guess I
14 can unmerge the older applications but the libraries I am not sure whether
15 to unmerge. I need a tidy up as more and more upgrades move in as
16 dependencies. What is the most practical approach?
17
18 Best Regards,
19 Kevin Gordon