From: mike <vapier@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding package mask
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:42:35
1 at the moment there is no feature in place ... at least the last
2 post i saw on bugs.gentoo.org was that PORTAGE_OVERLAY
3 supported only ebuilds
4 -mike
5
6 ----- Original Message -----
7 From: "Sebastian Werner" <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
8 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
9 Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 18:28
10 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Overriding package mask
13 > Hi!
14 >
15 > I want to use the beta version of gimp. So I unmask gimp in
16 > package.mask. But each rsync this file will be overwritten and I have to
17 > modify it again. We have a portage overlay support now... what's about
18 > to add a /usr/portage.local/profiles/package.ok which overrides
19 > package.mask in /usr/portage? Is it possible to implement something like
20 > this. I have some more programs which are declared as beta but I want to
21 > use :)
22 >
23 > Regards
24 >