From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] vmware team needs help
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 22:04:30
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm the only dev left in the vmware team who is taking care of VMware
4 Workstation and friends. Or more precisely, not taking care of it these days,
5 since my non-Gentoo workload is increasing and since VMware Workstation is not
6 really the highest thing on my Gentoo priority list either (though I use it
7 regularly).
8
9 We could really need some help here... Things to do are e.g.
10 * vmware-workstation, vmware-player, vmware-modules major version bump
11 * tracking and applying patches to vmware-modules for newer kernels
12 * sorting out the screwed-up bundled library situation
13 ... :(
14
15 We have an overlay that can be used and is used for user contributions.
16
17 The only real alternative is to treeclean and tell people to use the bundled
18 installer. No idea how well this works.
19
20 Talk to me if interested...
21
22 Best,