From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] maintainer-wanted: x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 11:35:07
1 On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 15:39:16 -0600
2 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > One of the reasons people volunteer in open source projects is to
5 > scratch their personal itch. When that itch develops into a festering,
6 > gangrenous limb it becomes time to amputate it. That is what I am
7 > doing with my involvement in x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers.
8
9 Sad, but understandable.
10
11 > As a result someone will need to work with spock and rej to figure
12
13 jer and xarthisius
14
15 > out what aspects they are able to maintain and then maintain the
16 > components they aren't able to. For example, different hardware has
17 > different series of drivers to support it.
18
19 I still happen to run all the hardware to test all of the major versions
20 currently supported upstream.
23 jer