From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking udev-115-r5
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:52:49
1 On Freitag, 21. September 2007, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
2 > Hi there!
3 >
4 > If nobody objects, I will unmask udev-115-r5 (or later if needed) today or
5 > tomorrow. There are some rules that got removed between udev-115-r1 and
6 > newer version. If you miss anything please contact us. Either these need to
7 > be added back, or installed by other relevant packages.
8 >
9 > One package I know that needs this is aoetools (Bug #193315).
10 >
11 > Please, if you use or maintain any unusual hardware/driver, please test if
12 > there are no regressions in udev-115-r5.
13 >
14 > One still open regression is this: As we no longer use a wrapper around
15 > modprobe blacklisting will not work in all cases, until module-init-tools
16 > is patched (Bug #192201).
17 >
18 Patched version of module-init-tools done, thanks to Mike Frysinger.
19
20 So finally this version got unmasked.
21
22 Matthias
25 Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)
26 --