From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kerberos, virtuals, rattling cages
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:02:56
1 On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 11:43:06PM -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > This is incorrect, or at least, was incorrect last time I looked
3 > (circa...uhh..2009?)
4 >
5 > They work 'ok' together. Heimdal clients could talk to MIT servers at
6 > least.
7
8 and vice-versa.
9
10 > Of course, there were quirks, and incompatible command line
11 > syntax, hence my fierce recommendation to 'not do that.'
12
13 Yes.
14
15 > > I don't think samba will support MIT, since it's kinda windows focused.
16
17 Ugh, no. MIT is not windows focused (although it does ship a windows
18 client for better integration with *nix kdcs). Apple uses heimdal in
19 recent macos'es and employs some main developers of heimdal and samba
20 (hence samba - heimdal tight integration). There was some work from red
21 hat to make samba4 work with mit-krb5 but it stalled and did not go
22 anywhere (yet?) afaik.
25 Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>