From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping ia64/ppc/sparc profiles to dev/exp
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 19:13:17
1 On Mon, 2017-05-08 at 13:49 +0300, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
2 > Against. Do not touch things you are not working on, council has
3 > already
4 > dropped m68k s390 and sh to exp few years ago. Now we have a big mess
5 > there and only, while ia64 sparc and co have slow but progress and
6 > mature enough stable profiles.
7
8 Again, I have had KEYWORDREQs open for more than a year with 0
9 activity. The only way to get any activity on these arches is to
10 trigger the easteregg of going straight-to-stable, which ago's scripts
11 catch (unlike KEYWORDREQs). This is ofc the total antithesis of using
12 ~arch as a staging ground for stable keywords, but apparently that
13 seems to be desired.
14
15 I am absolutely willing to postpone the vote on this to after the
16 arches.desc GLEP is finished, but being in denial over dead archs is
17 helping no-one.
18
19 If all of this ends in one big bikeshedding fest again, I will start
20 dekeywording packages. Fortunately for me, I won't get any complaints
21 (because the arch teams are dead).
22
23 If the walls are mouldy, do you just paint over them and pretend
24 everything is fine?