From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] moving uid-gid.txt to metadata
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 17:45:53
1 >>>>> On Mon, 20 Jan 2020, William Hubbs wrote:
2
3 > as I recall I was one of the folks who suggested that uid-gid.txt should
4 > go in the api repository, but after thinking about it more and seeing it
5 > in practice, I see the error of my ways on this. ;-)
6
7 > Imo a better fit is the metadata directory in the ebuild repository.
8 > That way you can add users/groups along with the acct-* packages that
9 > install them.
10
11 > Thoughts?
12
13 One (maybe not very strong) argument was that uid-gid.txt also documents
14 historical assignments, which doesn't belong in the tree.
15
16 Ulrich