From: Daniel Hurt <dwhurt@×××××××.edu>
To: marduk <marduk@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] preliminary xml interface to package.g.o
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:34:00
1 I tried to view it and go this error:
4 XML Parsing Error: unclosed CDATA section
5 Location: http://packages.gentoo.org/archs/x86/stable/portage.xml
6 Line Number 24196, Column 53: <description><![CDATA[The micro
7 Package
8 ----------------------------------------------------^
9
10 Dan
11
12 marduk wrote:
13 > I've taken what's in the packages.gentoo.org database and converted it
14 > to ad-hoc XML. This is in hopes of someday actually making it useful.
15 > There are XML files divided by architecture and "branch", for example"
16 >
17 > http://packages.gentoo.org/archs/x86/stable/portage.xml
18 >
19 > ... just like the rest of the site works, pretty much. I am no XML
20 > whiz, and would appreciate suggestions. Also, not all fields are
21 > present because not all fields yet exist in the packages.g.o database.
22 > I present everything that's in the db except the changelog.
23 >
24 > I also hope to add xml output to the regular pages, for example,
25 > http://packages.gentoo.org/packages/?category=net-www&format=xml
26 >
27 > Files are large but compress well, for example, 3.2MB x86/stable gzips
28 > down to 400k, bzip2s to 272k.
29 >
30 > Lots of possibilities. I will place the code in cvs as soon as I get
31 > over programmer's bashfulness ;-)
34 > --m
37 > --
38 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list