From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: escaping variables in sed expressions
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:46:24
1 Rémi Cardona <remi@g.o> posted 4806E4E3.3080909@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:49:23 +0200:
3
4 > Duncan a écrit :
5 >> Whatever your faults, you /do/
6 >> tend to be quite accurate on such things.
7 >
8 > Wow, you've managed to turn a nice technical discussion (which is rare
9 > enough in recent history) into a let's-start-bashing-people thread.
10 >
11 > You've lost all credibility in just one sentence... Pity.
12
13 Thanks, someone, for mailing me offlist about this. I'm incredibly sorry
14 it was apparently taken negatively, as I had an entirely different
15 meaning in mind, but it obviously didn't come thru as I intended.
16
17 I'm not sure I can explain without inserting my foot even further into my
18 mouth, but I'll try. I was intending to acknowledge the potential wound
19 but communicate my respect for the person and the technical expertise and
20 appreciation for fineness of detail I've repeatedly seen him
21 demonstrate. Unfortunately, it seems I screwed up big time and that's
22 not the way it came out; rather than respect, it seemed like dissing.
23
24 So I unconditionally apologize for screwing up. Again, thanks for
25 rightfully pointing that out, and thanks as well to the person that
26 notified me and tried to help.
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
34 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list