From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: vmware team needs help
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 18:19:07
1 Am Sonntag, 15. Februar 2015, 18:19:22 schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
2 > On 13/02/15 00:03, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 > > * sorting out the screwed-up bundled library situation
4 >
5 > VMware seems to bundle everything they need. Currently, revdep-rebuild
6 > triggers false positives for a library that is no longer in portage
7 > (libgtop-2.0.so.7 from gnome-base/libgtop-2.28.5; it was removed from
8 > the tree.)
9 >
10 > I'd like to do the same as firefox-bin and other binary packages, and
11 > add an /etc/revdep-rebuild/ file:
12 >
13 > SEARCH_DIRS_MASK="/opt/vmware"
14 >
15 > This prevents vmware from triggering bogus revdep-rebuild loops.
16
17 It's much worse than that. It also triggers @preserved-libs, there's a bug
18 about it.
19
20 What I would like to do, given infinite time, is
21 * introduce a use-flag "bundled-libs", default on now, off later
22 * for USE=bundled-libs, fiddle with the library paths so it's 100% clear to
23 portage and everything else that vmware needs to load libs from /opt/vmware
24 (there's another bug about it)
25 * for USE=-bundled-libs, remove all bundled libs during installation if
26 possible
27