From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal regarding use flags
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:25:28
1 On Thu, 20 May 2004 01:05:06 +0200 Troels Vognsen <troels@×××××××××.dk>
2 wrote:
3 | Profiles gets split up in two:
4 | --arch-profiles: flags that affect the compilation/configuration of
5 | the entire system or *vital* components (like hardened and arch
6 | settings)--purpose-profiles: flags that define the
7 | settings/dependecies suiting the target purpose (role)
8
9 I actually had an idea along these lines which was based upon the
10 stackable profiles. Once stackable goes mainstream I might dig it up
11 again...
12
13 Your basic "separating profiles" idea won't work without fairly major
14 changes, though, because of differences in what's available in each
15 arch.
18 Ciaran McCreesh, Gentoo XMLcracy Member G03X276
19 (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes)
20 Mail: ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm