From: "Derek J. Belrose" <derek@×××××××××.com>
To: bdharring@××××.edu
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GUI installer
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:47:57
I'm all for doing it this way if everyone agrees.  I think it would be a
decent start, definitely.

I'm gonna head to's almost 6am here.  But, I want to carry on
a discussion with you about the cli portage viewer/manager.  I have been
thinking about this one a lot, and want to hear other people's ideas on

I'm wondering if this will increase the threads on gentoo-dev enough to
warrant something like an IRC channel to do more of a realtime chat thing.

I'm pretty easy right now as i'm unemployed :)  If anyone wants to offer
suggestions on how to take this step by step, it would be pretty cool.
Project management isn't my forte.

I like I, myself would suggest a decent python/ncurses
layout for the cli viewer/manager.  I'll start documenting my thoughts
on this when the sun rises :)