From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Glep 55 use case: moving slot to file name
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:12:33
1 Icedtea has two release tracks. One for the 1.7 OpenJDK code base and
2 one for the 1.6 code base. They have independent version numbering so
3 they can have collisions. By moving the slot to the file name we could
4 have icedtea-1.2:1.6.ebuildN and icedtea-1.2:1.7.ebuildN. This
5 particular situation can be worked around of course but it might also be
6 better to keep the slot in the file name any way because I often find
7 myself needing to know the slot of an ebuild (adjutrix -k of course
8 already does this for me quite nicely).
9
10 Regards,
11 Petteri