From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stable and unstable branches.
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:21:38
1 On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Stefano Peluchetti wrote:
2
3 > It also should be really easy to implement thanks to the possibility to
4 > select different profiles.
5
6 We're slowly introducing the concept of "Quality Assurance" into the
7 Gentoo development process.
8
9 This is a time-consuming process, of which a split into stable/unstable is
10 but a small part (although probably the one that will be most visible to
11 the users).
12
13 In exactly what form such a split will manifest itself is still not know,
14 but rest assured we're working on it.
17 For now, to avoid any disappointments wrt stability, think of Gentoo as
18 "bleeding-edge".
21 Kind regards,
22
23 Karl T