From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: phajdan.jr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: removal of <net-print/foo2zjs-99999999 (earlier versions are fubar)
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:26:09
1 On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 18:14:49 +0200
2 ""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 6/8/11 4:17 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > BTW if you'd like to create an eclass for that kind of live packages
6 > > (which fetch packages from upstream), I could add smart rebuild
7 > > possibility to start-live-rebuild [1]. This way, foo2zjs users
8 > > would be able to upgrade their package whenever upstream tarball
9 > > changes.
10 > >
11 > > [1]:https://github.com/mgorny/smart-live-rebuild
12 >
13 > Interesting, sounds like that could be useful. But I have no idea how
14 > such an eclass would look like (rather trivial), and there are not
15 > many packages that would use it (currently just one).
16 >
17 > How about PROPERTIES="live"? We could add "live" to possible values of
18 > PROPERTIES...
19
20 That won't be enough. s-l-r has to get somehow the method of checking
21 and the URL list. Right now, it is constructed in such a way that
22 the method is based on VCS eclass being inherited, and then it grabs
23 appropriate ebuild vars from environment.bz2.
24
25 Such an eclass would have to take tarball URIs in some kind of envvar
26 and export some kind of 'download timestamp'. Then the Python module in
27 s-l-r would HEAD those URIs to get the current timestamp and compare
28 that to the value exported in environment.bz2.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny