From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gratuitous useflaggery (doc and examples)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 16:01:47
1 Stuart Herbert wrote:
2
3 > Another point of view are servers, where there's simply no need to
4 > have docs installed on each and every box in a rack. There's no need
5 > to install what a user doesn't need, and having doc and example USE
6 > flags more widely supported means that Gentoo does a better job of
7 > respecting the choice of users.
8
9 Amen. I use FEATURES="noinfo noman nodoc" and USE="-doc" on all of my
10 server installs. My only desire is that there would be a way to turn them
11 off more completely - no texinfo, no perl man page generation, etc... I
12 would also like to have them excluded from binary packages.
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list