From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Adding AdobeFlash-10{,.1} licenses to EULA group
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 02:26:13
1 Alec Warner posted on Fri, 18 Jun 2010 03:16:36 -0700 as excerpted:
2
3 > I don't find it unreasonable to implement a tool as Duncan suggested
4 > because it is not a judgement but a statement of fact. "The license for
5 > app/foo has changed from X to Y. You should review the changes
6 > accordingly by running <blah>"
7
8 Just noting that it wasn't me that made that suggestion, it was Dale.
9 Credit where credit is due and all that. FWIW, I agree it'd be nice, but
10 also think it sounds like it it could be more work than it's worth --
11 unless someone with the skills and the itch wants to scratch it, of course.
12
13 (I hadn't replied to this thread previous to this. Not that I hadn't
14 thought about it, but for a moment there, I was wondering if I had replied
15 when half asleep (I don't drink so couldn't use /that/ excuse), thus no
16 memory of it, and was wondering in alarm what else I might have said! So
17 it was with some relief that I realized it was Dale's suggestion you were
18 talking about, not mine. =:^)
23 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman