From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] GLEP 74 post-Council review update [v2]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 21:13:21
1 W dniu wto, 21.11.2017 o godzinie 21∶28 +0100, użytkownik Ulrich Mueller
2 napisał:
3 > > > > > > On Tue, 21 Nov 2017, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > > > It is an error for a single file to be matched by multiple entries
5 > > > > of different semantics, file size or checksum values. It is an error
6 > > > > to specify another entry for a file matching ``IGNORE``, or one of its
7 > > > > subdirectories.
8 > > >
9 > > > What about regular files in a directory (or subdirectory) matched
10 > > > by IGNORE? Looks like this case is not covered (?).
11 > > Ignored regular files must not have any other (e.g. DATA) entries.
12 > > Otherwise the expected behavior is unclear -- are we supposed to
13 > > verify the file or ignore it?
14 >
15 > I still believe that the wording doesn't convey that. Maybe an example
16 > will clarify what I mean.
17 >
18 > There is a directory foo/bar and a regular file foo/bar/quux in it.
19 > Now in Manifest there are these entries:
20 >
21 > IGNORE foo/bar
22 > DATA foo/bar/quux <size> <checksums>
23 >
24 > The spec says: "It is an error to specify another entry for a file
25 > matching ``IGNORE``, or one of its subdirectories." However, file
26 > foo/bar/quux neither matches IGNORE nor is a subdirectory of it.
27
28 Indeed, the second part of that sentence needs to change. Do you have
29 a suggestion how to word it best?
32 Best regards,
33 Michał Górny