From: "Jose Luis Rivero (YosWinK)" <yoswink@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo/Alpha status
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 13:08:22
1 Hi all:
2
3 After kloeri's leaving, the Gentoo/Alpha crew wants to make a little
4 note about the status of the arch team:
5
6 Devs:
7 -----
8 - armin (general keywording)
9 - ferdy (general keywording and AT program)
10 - spb (selinux stuff)
11 - stefaan (openAFS)
12 - wolf (release stuff and keywording)
13 - yoswink (general keywording)
14 - Spanky (general fixing)
15
16 Contributors
17 ------------
18 - grknight (arch tester)
19 - blackb|rd (dev box admin and testing)
20
21 Leadership
22 ----------
23 ferdy is our new Strategic Leader. One leader is enough for such a
24 reduced group.
25
26 Security
27 --------
28 We are going to keep the status of security supported arch and ferdy is
29 also the new security laison though the rest of us generally work on
30 security bugs too.
31
32 Dev boxes
33 ---------
34 After Virginia University announced it can't support our 7 box cluster
35 anymore, we've changed our dev box to a lovely AlphaServer ES40. We are
36 also waiting to osuosl to put on-line some boxes HP donated years ago.
37
38 Acknowledgements
39 ----------------
40 During the last times, there were some changes in the people and
41 entities who have helped Gentoo/Alpha in different ways. We want to send
42 a big thanks to: Virginia University (and special to Dforge, for all the
43 support with the gendcc cluster), Tobias Klausmann (for providing the
44 new dev box), HP and OSUOSL (for the boxes and hosting) and, specially,
45 to Bryan (kloeri) for being always the great mentor and person we had in
46 #gentoo-alpha channel.
47
48 Thanks.
49
50 P.D: for those of you worried out there: *NO*. Gentoo/Alpha is *not*
51 going to have a different default package manager than the rest of Gentoo ;)
54 Life is not so serious, leave the flames and find a real vicious.
55
56 Jose Luis Rivero [yoswink@g.o]
57 Gentoo/Doc Gentoo/Alpha
60 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list