From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage without portage
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:47:25
1 Nick Jones wrote:
2 >>I think I'll just stick with what I know. For now, I'm just doing 'emerge
3 >>info | grep USE' to get a complete list of USE flags. As for the DEPEND
4 >>line, I'm using a regex to extract each item, although its not going too
5 >>well.
6 >
7 > You can't do it that way. Portage does a lot of calculations based on
8 > things like virtuals, inherited-values, and eclasses. USE flags also
9 > have the potential to change during dep calculation due to binary
10 > package restrictions and eventually USE requirements as well.
11 >
12 > The way you're getting USE is ok for single packages.
13 >
14 > The DEPEND info isn't right. DEPEND, RDEPEND, and PDEPEND all can vary
15 > inside of an eclass, and depending upon if they are unset, empty, or
16 > set, they can affect the final output.
17
18 I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear any of that :) Something I'm curious about: what
19 is the difference between the different *DEPEND lines?
22 Andrew Gaffney
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list