From: AJ Lewis <lewis@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] updated all ebulids in gnome-* and a couple mores
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:41:34
1 On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 10:14:23AM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
2 > I just commited my changes with using pmake instead of make when make
3 > -j 4 works. Also I added a comment when it didn't.
4 >
5 > If you have problems building because of the use of pmake please
6 > notify me or anyone else so that can be fixed.
7
8 Suggestion: make a new USE variable called 'pmake' or something, and check
9 it in these ebuild files. If it's not defined, use regular make. Some
10 people might not have pmake installed, or they may not want to use it. If
11 you absolutely cannot bring yourself to do that, at least put pmake in
12 the DEPENDS line, please!
13
14 Regards,
15 --
16 AJ Lewis
17 Sistina Software Inc. Voice: 612-638-0500
18 1313 5th St SE, Suite 111 Fax: 612-638-0500
19 Minneapolis, MN 55414 E-Mail: lewis@×××××××.com
20 http://www.sistina.com
21
22 Current GPG fingerprint = 3B5F 6011 5216 76A5 2F6B 52A0 941E 1261 0029 2648
23 Get my key at: http://www.sistina.com/~lewis/gpgkey
24 (Unfortunately, the PKS-type keyservers do not work with multiple sub-keys)
25
26 -----Begin Obligatory Humorous Quote----------------------------------------
27 THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #16:
28 C- This language was named for the grade received by its creator when he
29 submitted it as a class project in a graduate programming class. C- is
30 best described as a "low-level" programming language. In fact, the
31 language generally requires more C- statements than machine-code statements
32 to execute a given task. In this respect, it is very similar to COBOL.
33 -----End Obligatory Humorous Quote------------------------------------------