From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@××××××××××××.uk
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla Firebird 0.6 Released!
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 08:01:50

If you haven't already heard the very eagerly anticipated Mozilla
Firebird 0.6 milestone release is finally upon us!  Aside from the new
name, changes from version 0.5 include enhancements to preferences,
privacy options and boomarking and new features of automatic image
resizing and smooth scrolling amongst others.  Mozilla Firebird will
form the default browser component in The Mozilla Browser eventually.
Read more on the links below.

Release notes & FAQ

Project page

I'd been following for some time the last four or five nagging bugs that
were consistently delaying the release.  Imagine my utter surprise and
amazement when I saw that within one night (yesterday) the developers
had moved the target milestone for most of these bugs to version 0.7 and
shipped the release in a flash overnight.

An ebuild request has already been filed on bugs.

Happy browsing!

With regards
Dhruba Bandopadhyay