From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to build a LiveCD
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:43:54
1 On Wednesday 15 January 2003 09:56, Dirk Steinberg wrote:
2 > How is it possible that metadata/cache/<something> exists when
3 > <something> does not exist?
4
5 i guess theres no way to expire cache ;)
6
7 > BTW: That metadata/cache/app-admin/livecd-0.5.1 file contains
8 > stuff that apparently is not directly part of Gentoo, but something
9 > about "telemetrybox"...:
10
11 telemetrybox makes a livecd script, it used to be part of portage. we removed
12 it due to the confusion generated (like this) ...
13
14 you can find the code that was used to build the older livecds here:
15 http://cvs.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gentoo-src/livecd/
16
17 and for the 'next generation' of livecds, you can find our work here:
18 http://cvs.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gentoo-src/livecd-ng/
19
20 > TIA for any hints to the build procedure for a livecd.
21
22 g'luck :)
23 -mike
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list