From: (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] odds and ends
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 06:03:58
Robert Schrem wrote:

> > Currently about 200MB with lots of package-docs, and the > > development tools, but if you unmerge > > all sys-devel packages beside the c++-libs and spython remove > > /usr/doc and /usr/src and all the static libs in /lib and /usr/lib > > you only need about 130MB and still have > > a runable system. > > Hmmm, wouldn't it be nice to have a gentoo system that can > boot from an 128 MB FlashDisk? There are som with PCMCIA > interface... No more noisy hard disk technologiy from the > last century ... :) Porbably a nice gift for my mom next christmas > for surfing on the internet with seat belts on... :) >
Hmm, you mean a system with X/netscape or qt-embeded/kconqueror that can only be used to connect to the internet and surf? So you whould only need a FlashDisk and a PCMCIA modem or isdn adapter and are able to use every with an PCMCIA adapter to connect to the internet. Sounds interesting. Maybe adding a jre would be nice too achim
> > robby > _______________________________________________ > gentoo-dev mailing list > gentoo-dev@g.o >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] odds and ends Gabriel <egabriel@××.com>