From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [pre-GLEP] Split distfile mirror directory structure
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 13:03:18
1 >>>>> On Sun, 28 Jan 2018, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > How about this then:
4
5 > | This specification currently defines one section: ``[structure]``.
6 > | This section defines one or more repository structure definitions
7 > | using non-negative sequential integer keys. The definition with
8 > | the ``0`` key is the most preferred structure. The package manager
9 > | should ignore any formats it does not recognize. If this section
10 > | is not present, the package manager should behave as if only ``flat``
11 > | structure were specified.
12
13 > I don't want people to skip numbers, and I want to avoid confusion
14 > between 0/1 as initial number.
15
16 I believe "sequential" is still somewhat ambiguous, and I wouldn't
17 split "non-negative integer" which is a technical term.
18
19 How about "consecutive non-negative integer keys"?
20
21 Ulrich